Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scientology's ABQ building is for sale?

2 posters

Go down

Scientology's ABQ building is for sale? Empty Scientology's ABQ building is for sale?

Post  Tweenon Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:08 am

On my way down San Pedro, I saw a For Sale sign on the side of the Scino building. I did some research on the faithful intarwebz and came up with the following from NM business weekly:

Scientologists eye a move to Downtown (Dec 2007)

Proposed Downtown Scientology Site on Hold (Jan 2008)

I know the sign wasn't there a week ago (although the yellow van was). Their windows are still covered in ads and posters and there are cars in the parking lot. Did I hallucinate? You can see it if you're going on San Pedro towards Lomas.

Tweenon

Back to top Go down

Scientology's ABQ building is for sale? Empty Re: Scientology's ABQ building is for sale?

Post  cannon Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:51 pm

I can't seem to find anything about that past the jan 11 article, but if they are selling the old building I guess they bought a new one? If they did get the downtown property, that means there are a lot of angry downtown business owners and that could be something to tap into. I'm going to E-mail the writer of the articles to see if he has any updates on all this.

Also, lol:

Opponents of the church's plan, including Nathan Fox, an Albuquerque psychotherapist and head of the Downtown Neighborhood Association,

cannon

Back to top Go down

Scientology's ABQ building is for sale? Empty Re: Scientology's ABQ building is for sale?

Post  Professo Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:39 pm

Welcome to Albuquerque! The new Clearwater! It'll happen watch....

Professo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymous51493862 Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:46 pm

There was supposed to be some sort of a meeting in regards to the purchase, but I haven't been able to find anything on it.

Anonymous51493862

http://myspace.com/anonymousabq

Back to top Go down

Post  Tweenon Thu May 01, 2008 9:19 pm

I found the listing of the property for sale after much squinting at the extremely tiny sign on the side with unreadable font when driving past at 35 MPH.

http://acrealty.catylist.com/jsp/listings/listing_overview.jsp?listingID=1669755

Hmm...

Tweenon

Back to top Go down

Scientology's ABQ building is for sale? Empty $cientology building

Post  byte301 Fri May 02, 2008 5:04 pm

I doubt that $cientology owns the building. I was on lines there for several years and they never had the money to buy a building. The article you referred to mentioned a Sanford Block. I am going to try to find out who he is. He is probably someone RTC sent down to help them purchase the Gizmo building. I am sure RTC is funding it. I will let you know what I can find out. Very Happy

byte301

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down