Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFO Festival

Go down

UFO Festival Empty UFO Festival

Post  Shard-Li Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:44 pm

Hey there, anon's up in the current 505, Roswell-fag here in 575. In case you didn't know it, there's a crazy thing already happening down here, something about a crash 61 years ago, bunch of dead-pigeon rednecks and sci-fi nerds coming down, etc. Yeah, I'm sure you've never heard of this shit. [/sarcasm]

Anyway, there's a bit of an undercurrent with Sciento-LOL-gy around here at this time, for very obvious reasons. Not that I'm going to directly protest it or anything, but I am going to have a small performance walking the streets, and eventually taking myself to squat at 2nd and Main.

I'm a local musician (not that I've performed but a whopping 3 times), And would love to have you down here for delicious water, and if I have the time to get it, a small cake from Wal-Mart. This is not a protest, even if some of the songs are protest songs, and there is going to be a lot of moving (no permits; kind of a spur-of-the-moment plan). I'll be passing out a few things from You Found The Card, some of my own cards for my music/art pages, and will most definitely be trying to get on The Daily Buzz tomorrow morning with a "Why Are They Dead? - Xenu.net" card on a lanyard. And no, I will not be wearing a mask, hiding, etc., because there's not a whole lot they can do to an unemployed 20-something who won't even be living here in a year, and won't be leaving a huge trace on where he's going.

Some more info can be found here:

My band page is:

Help me shamelessly self-promote, and at the same time, I'll keep supporting the cause of getting these guys taxed, even in the small numbers here.

Later on,
DaxC

P.S. - Yes, I'm looking for someone, anyone, to help me with acoustic guitar stuff - be it playing, giving me recorded riffs, whatever - I can't pay, but it would be <3'd

Shard-Li

Back to top Go down

UFO Festival Empty Re: UFO Festival

Post  ShardDax Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Huh, I guess you have to register to post links?

Info: h.t.t.p://b.l.o.g.myspace.c.o.m./index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=100091842&blogID=411453724

Band Page: h.t.t.p://w.w.w.myspace.c.o.m./shardlife

Take out unnecessary periods, obv.

ShardDax

Back to top Go down

UFO Festival Empty Roswell

Post  byte301 Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:14 am

Hi,

Wish I could be down there during the big UFO thing. Always wanted to go. That and the Deming Duck races. lol Anyway, good luck with your street performance. I am not musical at all but maybe some of our other anons are.

If you can make it to Albuquerque or El Paso for the protest next Sat. it would be great.

Let us know how today went. Smile

byte301

Back to top Go down

Post  ShardDax Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:59 pm

Actually, it went so-so.

I didn't do the Daily Buzz (4AM is crack-hours, WTF?), but I had a few cards passed out on Saturday, and kind of freaked out a face-painting girl that was sitting at the corner I'd originally planned to play on. If she ever reads this, I didn't mean to come off as creepy or shy, I was just a bit in avoidence when I'd gotten a call that apparently, a few blocks from me, they were having testing. Lucky, my laptop battery died about that time, and I kind of booked it on the off-chance they gave a shit/it was about 4-ish in the afternoon anyway.

Sorry I can't make it up to the boondocks of ABQ with you guys, but g'luck. I'd send you the set-list I'd made specifically for that Saturday, but it's a bit late now, no?

ShardDax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum