Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permit for public assembly

3 posters

Go down

Permit for public assembly Empty Permit for public assembly

Post  miss.anon Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:08 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else checked but I just looked it up and it looks like we'll be ok without a permit or anything. I have a document about permit requirements for public assembly, I'll probably print it out and bring it with on the 15th just in case.

miss.anon

Back to top Go down

Permit for public assembly Empty Re: Permit for public assembly

Post  Anon Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:23 pm

One of my professors was the former DA, and he's helping me take care of the legalities for the protest.

Anon
Admin

https://anonymous.forumburundi.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tacgnol Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:37 pm

What are the requirements in New Mexico, anyway?

Tacgnol

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:40 pm

I'm not entirely sure, I'm meeting with my prof on friday to ask what all we should do to ensure the protest is legal and all that. I will also enquire about maskes.

Anon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  miss.anon Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:27 am

Masks is a good thing to ask about.

"Permits are not required for protests or public assemblies on public property including but not limited to streets, parks, sidewalks or Civic Plaza unless it is known or reasonably probable that the public demonstration may necessitate the use or temporary closure of the streets in which case a permit is required. If a demonstration begins on the sidewalk but attracts an unexpected number of participants such that the demonstration begins to occupy a portion of the street, the Albuquerque Police Department shall accommodate the protest by closing a segment, lane or portion of the street where so doing will not jeopardize the demonstrators or unreasonably inhibit the flow of traffic on a major traffic route; however, the Albuquerque Police Department is authorized to limit the available portion of the street, where a segment, lane or portion of the street is capable of accommodating the demonstration."

An excerpt from the document I found.

miss.anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:17 am

miss.anon wrote:Masks is a good thing to ask about.

"Permits are not required for protests or public assemblies on public property including but not limited to streets, parks, sidewalks or Civic Plaza unless it is known or reasonably probable that the public demonstration may necessitate the use or temporary closure of the streets in which case a permit is required. If a demonstration begins on the sidewalk but attracts an unexpected number of participants such that the demonstration begins to occupy a portion of the street, the Albuquerque Police Department shall accommodate the protest by closing a segment, lane or portion of the street where so doing will not jeopardize the demonstrators or unreasonably inhibit the flow of traffic on a major traffic route; however, the Albuquerque Police Department is authorized to limit the available portion of the street, where a segment, lane or portion of the street is capable of accommodating the demonstration."

An excerpt from the document I found.

Thanks for looking that up!

We may want to consider that alot of jurisdictions like be informed about meetings especially if we believe they're going to become large. Since we don't formally ask for a permit, it might make us look more acceptable or something of that nature if we inform the proper authorities ahead of time instead of making them have to react.

Anon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tacgnol Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:03 am

Considering APD was perfectly fine with us having masks on the 10th, I'm sure we're good.

Tacgnol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down