Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter to Albuquerque Mayor

Go down

Letter to Albuquerque Mayor Empty Letter to Albuquerque Mayor

Post  Mark.Tom Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:36 pm

Looking to send this out, and make available as a template. Any input?

Mayor Martin J. Chavez
PO Box 1293
Albuquerque NM 87103

Dear Mayor Chavez,

I have recently been made aware of the fact that the great City of Albuquerque has been supporting a program called “Narconon” by sending drug offenders to their rehab centers for “treatment”.

Mayor Chavez, while I am very concerned about this fact, I can only assume that this is done because of a lack of awareness of the Narconon program and its affiliation with the controversial and arguably dangerous “Church Of Scientology”.

According to both the Narconon and the Scientology Websites, Narconon is a Scientology-based program that uses the teachings of Science Fiction writer L.
Ron Hubbard. Little do the recovering addicts know that they're being forced to read Scientology material. Note that Mr. Hubbard was NOT a doctor, and his beliefs (still claimed by the Narconon programs today) are widely discredited and dangerous.

One of the techniques that the program uses is called the "Purification Rundown", which involves extended time in the Sauna, Vitamin "Bombs" (Far above recommended levels!), extensive running and Scientology indoctrination

I am very disappointed to hear that this program is receiving funding, while using techniques that are not scientifically valid or proven to be effective in any impartial study. When overcoming addiction, people find themselves very vulnerable, and a Scientology center may not be the place to send them for help.

Thank you, Mayor, for your attention to this important matter.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXX

More information about deaths attributed to Scientology:
Information on Narconon:

Mark.Tom

Back to top Go down

Letter to Albuquerque Mayor Empty narCONon

Post  kritik Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:52 pm

It's a very nice letter, but they're well aware that narconon is affiliated with $cilontology and narconon makes no effort to hide that fact. We are not using this message board anymore. PM Akuma for news.
I would still send it out to anyone who will listen!

kritik

Back to top Go down

Letter to Albuquerque Mayor Empty Re: Letter to Albuquerque Mayor

Post  byte301 Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Plus the program is called Second Chance not NarCONon. Of course it is NarCONon in reality with a little Crimanon thrown in for good measure. I don't think Marty likes $cientology at all. He isn't the one we should be writing letters to anyway. The State is the one funding Second Chance...not the city. They evidently have gotten a few politicians on their side in Santa Fe and they are the ones that need targeting. See the threads on enturb for the whole sordid story.

Actually, the more I think about it....send letters to anyone you want. Can't hurt and will let the bigwigs know that people aren't happy about this rip off.

byte301

Back to top Go down

Letter to Albuquerque Mayor Empty Re: Letter to Albuquerque Mayor

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down